Saturday, October 25, 2014

Living in Him Never Gets Old

I roll over only to see blinds covering the window. . .I think, “It would be nice to see that sunrise over the ocean just one more day.”  I venture downstairs to see the beauty of the sunrise over the wooded area in the backyard.  A smile presents itself and I am reminded that no matter the location, beauty still remains. 

On the 14 hour journey home, I wish for one more day on the beach to stay away from life for just 24 more hours.  Oh, it would be nice to live in Florida, wake up to the ocean, lay in the sun and rid my closet of winter coats.  But wait, hurricanes may be a concern or droughts may hinder life.  Okay, so what about California.  Oh, then you have earthquakes and high cost of living.  No matter the location, a negative aspect of living there exists. . .too far north, snow; too far south, drought/hurricanes; west, earthquakes; east, hurricanes/floods.  So, we settle in our Indiana home for now and continue living just fine day in and day out. 

The sand between our toes felt awesome, the sunrise indescribable, the weather perfect and life easy (for a moment).  Vacation always appears better than home because the everyday stress vanishes for but a glimpse of time.  My husband’s latest response to statements, “Anything would get old after a while.”  So true!  Living in Florida or California would get old and complaints would spout from our mouths.  Moving does not eliminate stress.  No matter how far we run, life comes too.  YOU go wherever YOU go!  Our mind follows our body and no matter the circumstance surrounding, thoughts still race through 90MPH.  The enemy sneaks into the boxes of stuff and shows up at your new home too.  He invites himself to the house warming party, waiting to take hold of your joy and throw it out with the giveaway pile collected in the move.  Running from worldly thing to another only strengthens the grip of the enemy.  As long as our physical body breathes and our hearts continue to beat, the world will be in our face!

Solution: turn to the One Who knows the route to peace, joy and freedom from the enemy’s stronghold.  Coolest part about our God, He is omnipresent.  He does not invite Himself, nor is He pushy for a relationship.  He loves, waits patiently for you to run to Him and always comes through to break the chains holding you down.  He will not disappoint.  He yearns for a relationship with each child created.  His relationship does not grow old after a while; yet, it always brings excitement, amazement and peace. 

On my 25 year journey working to survive this world my way, I learned a lot about this world.  I learned what life is NOT!  This is not my home.  Thankfully, my Father waits for me, holding a place especially for me in my Home.  Being a Christian for 6 years now I have learned what life IS!  The new journey with Him does not leave me wishing for a getaway from life.  Yes, fierce storms exist with hurricane winds, shaky moments, times of drought and financial strains.  But, no matter the storm or moment in time, God remains constant.  He holds His hand out at all times to guide, protect and love through the toughest of times. 

Rely on Him for He is the only constant in our lives.  Then, life will be amazing no matter your location.  Make the journey Home matter instead of wishing for something else.  Take this moment and give it to God so He can make it all work out for His good.    
“Where can I go from your Spirit?  Where can I flee from your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.  If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.” Psalm 139:7-10             


Keep praying harder than the devil can work.

Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment