Saturday, August 30, 2014

Construction of a Ministry

With construction coming to an end, I was able to put my house in order.  Cleaning actually lasted for more than one day and décor strategically placed creating a homey feeling.  Excitement filled while walking on the new carpet where drywall dust once laid.  I no longer had to wear shoes in the basement and fear my kitchen being dusted white each night.  The washer and dryer sparkled and I could actually leave folded clothes on it for a short time-frame.  Oh, to have a clean home, no construction in site! 

Although without going through the pains of construction, I never would have enjoyed the transformed basement.  Once open, unfinished, now gorgeous and inviting.  Each wall built allowed for more beauty to develop.  Nail by nail, it all came together and renovation came to an end.  My husband and father-in-law did all the work, but not without my grumbling and complaining each and every moment.  No end in sight appeared in my mind.  The only piece I seen to the puzzle was mess after mess after mess.  I missed my husband each evening and although I love my father-in-law dearly, I dreaded seeing his white truck in my driveway.  Their hard work paid off tenfold.  The basement looks amazing!

This scenario does not reveal the first encounter of grumbling and complaining while under construction.  My past, full of sin, continues to go through periods of construction.  Since becoming a Christian and following prompting of the Holy Spirit, daily messes continue to reveal ready for cleanup!  Thankfully, God provides the means and material to complete such a hefty project.  Without going through the pains of facing past hurts I would never enjoy the peace through forgiveness.  God revealed to me over the years that each sin redeemed builds a beautiful ministry.  He reminds me that nail by nail, He washed all of my past away. 

Days may not go as I intend, pain may arise from the past or health concerns remind me of wrongful choices; but, God overpowers them all and works mightily to create a clean home!  I welcome Him in and rejoice when seeing His mighty hand at work.  I have learned that grumbling and complaining only hinders the process depriving my soul of any learning along the way.  Too bad for my husband and father-in-law that I am a slow learner!  I continue to catch myself grumbling and complaining in this world.  Results never change – frustration, hurt and disrespect.  Oh, but I will learn and God will provide strength to close my mouth and rejoice in progress knowing the end result far outweighs the momentary concerns. 

Just as the Israelites grumbled for 40 years, we may catch ourselves doing the same.  Without seeing the land of milk and honey, only feeling the fleshly pains of hunger, fear and doubt; the Israelites delayed their arrival when failing to trust and keep their eyes on the prize.  Along the way, God revealed Himself numerous times.  He allowed Moses to part the sea to cross on dry land while the Egyptians drowned behind them.  He provided enough manna for daily nourishment.  He presented clean water to ensure hydration.  He kept health among them.  Although revealed numerous times, the Israelites grumbled and doubted.  Slowly, they understood and arrived at the land promised.  Their sins build a ministry to current Christians.  We learn from their story and experiences. 

Let us take this moment and ask for forgiveness!  Ask God to provide strength to combat grumbling and complaining as He works mightily in our lives.  Keep your eye on the prize and this momentary trouble will seem minuscule.  Construction must occur so we can put our home back in order.  Cleanliness will last and your souls will sparkle.  Oh, the day we meet our God, renovation will come to an end!  We will rejoice in His presence.  Let us enjoy the trip!  

Keep praying harder than the devil can work!

Sheree Craig             

No comments:

Post a Comment