Monday, September 30, 2013

Deep Cleaning Anyone?

During the school year, the weeks pass with a blink of an eye.  Routine and maxed out schedules keep each family member busy.  We complete daily tasks only to receive the same to do list the next day.  Mundane chores make for no rest time. 

But then, I walk around my home and notice imperfection.  While folding laundry, I notice a cobweb forming in the hard to reach corner.  I open cabinets only to find dust under the contents.  My children’s growth leaves the closet filled with useless clothes.  I don’t even want to begin moving furniture to see the collection of dust bunnies.  Handprints of two little angels smear my front door.  I feel like I clean every possible minute; yet, chores remain incomplete. 

So, I continue on my way, completing high priority items daily.  I look the other way, avoid the space needing attention, keep the furniture in place and grab needed items quickly while shoving useless items to the back.  It works!  My house “appears” clean on the surface and presentable to guests.  I can’t do anymore.  I can’t handle another item on my list.  I need help to spruce up this home! 

Maybe the cleaning fairy will visit, leaving my house to shine.  Oh, I know, mom visits this week, maybe she will complete the chores.  How about I wish it all away?  Nah, I will continue to ignore and avoid.  That plan sounds much easier and feasible.

Ever feel incomplete or spiritually weak?  We attend church, sing loudly in worship, pray daily and invite God into each moment.  Yet, some ‘thing’ halts spiritual maturity.  Moving to the next level, taking the required step seems too difficult.  Our house “appears” clean on the surface and presentable; yet, desired growth remains. 

We see it and our thoughts remind us almost daily.  The one sin, unforgiving thought, angry emotion, haunting hurt, etc.  The wall surrounding our hearts keeps them hidden.  When giving our life to Christ, growth spurts continuously occur; yet, the deepest hurts and emotions hide in the corners of our soul.  We feel no more can be done.  We can’t handle all this and while continuing in daily trials.  We want to ignore and avoid.  We need help sprucing up our home!

Help is on the way!  He waits at the cross for us to lay it all down.  Break down the walls, visit the corners of your soul and bring God along.  No wish will erase.  No fairy will help.  No one else can complete the work for you.  This is a cleaning only you and God can complete. 

It can be difficult to face the buried past.  The emotions shoved aside before now multiplied.  Take each one to Him. . .deep clean one item at a time.  Don’t miss a corner.  Reach to the back, move the wall built around your heart and give attention to every piece of your soul.  God will bless you, allowing a spiritual growth spurt.  A deeper relationship, stronger ministry, overwhelming peace and freedom result with a clean house. 

You are worth it and He will take the worst of pasts in His Hands, using each for His good.  Much of the past, you did not deserve, some came as a result of wrong decisions and few just happened due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  His grace covers ALL!  Find peace and spiritual growth in His Word.  Let Him deep clean your soul. 

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.

Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment