Monday, October 7, 2013

There is Power in His Name!

The day begins with one of the most annoying sounds created.  The tempting option to hit snooze tempts exists as I lean over to stop the noise.  Events, appointments, work and life outnumber the hours of this day.  Then, I realize without hitting feet to the floor, nothing will get done.  I lose precious time while debating to rise.  Can I just call in sick for the day?

~JUST SAY JESUS

Okay, up and at it, the coffee pot quits working, the kids refuse to move the morning along and the van sits on E!  Time becomes my enemy, refusing to cooperate during such a time as this.  Chores need be completed before this family steps foot out the door:  dishes in the dishwasher, laundry folded, beds made and lunches packed.  Yet, one child remains in pajamas snuggled tightly in a blanket and the other sits nose in gaming system.  Somehow in the middle of the night both children lost the ability to hear because my voice directs without any action following.  Can I just gain some control here?

~JUST SAY JESUS

Somehow kids arrived at their destination on time.  All is well, for a moment.  News comes via a phone call that illness struck a loved one.  Another call informs of tragedy affecting a loved one.  As I drive along, I notice a homeless, struggling mother.  The radio announces another shooting, drug bust and robbery of an innocent family.  In all this, I recall the suffering of a dear friend.  Each event weighs heavily on my heart.  Can I just take all the pain away?

~JUST SAY JESUS

The day continues in continuous prayer.  My momentary troubles pale in comparison to the sufferings unveiled this morning.  While driving home, I recall the day’s events and count each blessing one by one.  Then, I enter my home and clock in for the evening shift.  Homework awaits, dinner hasn’t even began, showers need taken, laundry accumulated AGAIN, dishes reappeared by the sink and the coffee pot still in need of repair.  Bedtime cannot come quick enough.  Can I retire yet?

~JUST SAY JESUS

Head hits the pillow a few hours later than desired.  Thoughts race and relaxation feels so distant.  My mouth opens, but no words come.  I cannot find the words to pray.  Be it exhaustion or escalating emotions; the heaviness of my heart cannot be expressed.  The minor struggles of the day matter nothing; yet, while in the moment, I allowed them to overtake and cause anxiety.  If only my eyes could remain open all day long to see every single blessing – they would outnumber any trial faced. . .

Continuous prayer keeps eyes open.  The weight of this world can be heavy; thankfully, we have a Savior that carried it ALL to His grave.  He rose from the dead and made a trip here to share the goodness awaiting us in Heaven.  Through our lives, He desires to complete a good work within you to further His Kingdom.  Then, once all is complete, trust remained throughout, faith strengthened each day and a relationship matured to desired level. . .He brings you Home.  Call to Him Who protects, saves, loves, guides and heals.  Just one Name is strong enough. . .

~JUST SAY JESUS!

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.

Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment