Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Little Angel's Example!

My daughter absolutely loves her teachers and all adults involved in her every day care at school.  Vacation days, snow days and weekends do not go well with this child as she yearns to be with her teachers again.  She speaks highly of each one, makes coloring sheets to add to their collection and smiles from ear to ear in their presence. 

One day, the children received warning that a substitute taking the place of their regular teacher for part of the next day.  As my child relayed the message, worry stirred inside her little mind.  Quite a few tears shed that evening in thoughts of facing the next morning without her teacher.  She braved it and continued the next day at school (as if she had a choice!).  At pickup, the stories shared described a pretty good time with the substitute; although, the day just wasn’t the same without her regular teacher.  Come to find out, my daughter had to go through the same situation the next day, but this one seemed to go a smoother emotionally.  She survived and came through even stronger and met another great person within the school system.

Well, here comes the point to the story. . .a couple days later, my daughter and I were in the van together after dropping my son at drums.  She proceeds to describe the whole substitute experience.  “Mommy, when the substitute came in the other day I had tears in my eyes and some even came down my face because I wanted you and my teacher.  I sat there for a little bit and then remembered that God is on my side.  The tears stopped and I did not cry.”  I asked her if the second experience with the substitute was easier because she knew of God’s presence. . . “Yep, because I knew God was on my side and you and dad are on my side.”

Talk about melting my heart!  This girl never ceases to amaze me. . .God sent this child to be an angel to so many people, starting with me!

What childlike faith that we silly adults tend to lose over the years.  Let us gain that back. . .God IS on our side!  His character proves Him to be omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. 

Omnipotent - able to do anything, having unlimited power.  Whatever our day may bring, God can bring you through and strengthen your faith.  “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”  (Ephesians 3:20-21) 

Omniscient - knowing everything!  He holds the plans for our lives and will not lead us where His grace cannot cover us!  He goes before us, paves the way, protects the path and provides the tools needed to accomplish what lay ahead.  “But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.”  (Psalm 33:11)  “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  (Jeremiah 29:11)  We may not always understand what has occurred in the past, what surrounds us currently, or what appears to be ahead; but, relying on the One who knows how all the pieces fit will bring assurance, strength and peace even though times have, can and will be tough.  Rest assured, by friend, He will not leave you helpless, hopeless or hurting.

Omnipresent - everywhere at ALL times.  He will never leave nor forsake you.  He cares for each of His children and extends His arms every day for you to run.  His presence appears through various means.  Recognizing Him is key in strengthening faith and confidence in the plans laid before you.  Extend thanks at each time His presence appears.  He remains for the smallest of events to the largest of events.  Everything to do with your life ranks high in importance to Him.  He loves being invited into every moment of the day!  “God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”  So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.  What can mere mortals do to me?”  (Hebrews 13:5-6)

Though my daughter cannot read nor memorize Scripture at this point in time. . .I believe wholeheartedly that God whispered these words from Hebrews 13 to her that day.  She walked boldly, assured that God will see her through and she is loved by Him.  She is His princess and He will not let her fall. . .my friend, the same stands true for you!  Soak in His promises today and walk boldly whatever may come your way.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.

Sheree Craig              

No comments:

Post a Comment