Sunday, December 23, 2012

Worthy of Forgiveness




Should have. . .Could have. . .Would have.  Have you ever had one of THOSE moments?  Recalling each decision, word and action only brings regret to your thoughts.  If only time could turn back and a second chance existed. 

I have and continue experiencing too many of THOSE moments.  Guilt, shame and regret consume my thoughts.  I set up a perfect playground for Satan to come and have a field day!  Lies speak loudly to convince me that I am a sinner not worth forgiveness, weak and deserving of punishment.  

“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.” (Romans 3:23-24)

Well, I am a sinner, weak and deserving of punishment.  BUT, I know Jesus is my Lord and Savior.  Standing firm on His Truth, I combat the lies, learn for THOSE moments and strain for what lies ahead.  My eyes remain focused on the prize. 

God forgives those who come to Him and believe in Him.  He knows our weakness and uses it in mighty ways to bring others to Him.  And, though we deserve punishment, He gave His only Son to take it all for us. 

Praise God for this free GIFT given and available to all.  With the power of the Holy Spirit working within us, we can be strengthened through THOSE moments and mature in spirit.  When facing the same situation again; decisions, words and actions will change in accordance to His Truth which set us free in the past.  Turn to our Father for guidance, discipline and healing.  He will bring us out stronger.  Avoid the lies of Satan which only create a pit for us to reside. 

As THOSE moments come, and they will come, seek God and know you are worth forgiveness.  As I tell my kids. . .take those lies from Satan and throw them out the window!

“Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:13-14)

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment