Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Mountain to Pebble


Spring cleaning often extends into summer cleaning; well, at least for me.  The list grows day by day as dirty, unorganized and broken areas of the home come into view.  Tasks weigh heavily to the point of crumbling underneath such weight.  Giving up, ignoring or delegating creep into play as I observe the situation at hand. 

Giving up will lead to frustration as my eyes see undone work.  Ignoring will lead to bigger issues as current ones do not get fixed.  Delegating will lead to decreased funds in the pocketbook as the bills pile up of services rendered.  This is only a mountain, I need not fight my way around, but simply tackle it one step at a time, right?

Okay, so let’s do this!  I create a daily list in hopes to decrease overwhelming thoughts of failing to complete all required tasks!  Once done, at the end of the day I feel accomplished due to checks placed next to tasks on the smaller list created for the day.  Tomorrow will begin a new day and a new list.  I can do this, right?

Well, as I begin to climb the mountain, I lose footing.  I begin tackling a chore only to find the mess bigger than originally appeared.  How in the world can such a mess occur when I daily keep the house in order?  The attention required for this task causes my lovely little list undone for the day; therefore, deeming me a failure!  Great, now the undone must move to the next day and crowd the list causing more work than hours available.  I lay my head on the pillow defeated, dreading the next day. 

Ever face a mountain in life blocking the way to peace.  Day by day, the mountain seems to grow as chaos, brokenness and unclean areas come into view.  Does giving up, ignoring or delegating (blaming) feel like the answer?  Take one step at a time, right?  Well, what if we stand at the foot of the mountain without proper gear to take the first step?

First, we must ask for help.  God holds the proper gear needed to face any mountain.  He will guide step by step, leading us to the other side.  Once there, we will look back and see the mountain crumbled down to a tiny little pebble in the path. 

Difficulty comes as we begin the climb and find the situation bigger than originally appeared.  How in the world could life develop into such a mess when daily we pray, read Scripture and maintain the vessel provided here on Earth?  We feel stuck.  We cannot see the next footing alongside the mountain which to climb and continue.  This spot creates prime opportunity for Satan to hover over and speak lies.  His lies throw daggers into our spirit, speaking of defeat, deeming us a failure.  This spot also creates prime opportunity for God to shine.  In our weakest moments, God uses us the most.  His Truths combat any lie Satan uses to trip us up or bring us down.  His Truths strengthen faith, maturing our Christian walk.  His Truths create the next foothold for which to climb safely and securely. 

I stand currently in a position with the next foothold hidden in the fog ahead.  I see it slightly, but Satan works diligently to thicken the fog.  My decision is to remain, soak in as much Truth as possible, and grow in faith and strength at this moment in order to finally crumble the mountain in my life.  I take hold of His Truth once and for all; leaving behind the past which damages, defeats and delays any progress.  I will not forget what I learned from the past, but I will no longer allow it to determine who I am and my value.

That being said, is this easy?  NOPE.  This mountain holds years of hurt and emotions ignored.  This mountain stands solid; therefore, each time it came in the path, I gave up on advancing.  This mountain provides power to Satan who diligently creeps in with lies of delegating blame to others deeming them responsible to crumble the mountain.


One day at a time, God reveals a list of emotions to work through, pieces of the past to surrender and lies to place at the cross.  It is then, Truth overpowers and the fog thins slightly.  Patience required.  Faith demanded.  Mind renewed.  Let us work one day at a time to clean out our lives, face the mountain before us and walk boldly with God by our side.  Today, care for what is revealed, focusing on Truth to heal, build and steady your feet.  Tomorrow will have enough trouble to face and a new set of repairs; do not look at those or the important lessons of today will be missed.  Lay your head down at night in thanksgiving for the strength built and the progress for the day.  

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment