Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Lifeline



A route leading to a place often traveled changes with each trip.  My handy map chooses different roads leading to the same destination.  Granted, I have exhausted all routes, but the map shuffles the options each time.  I have yet to figure out the rhyme and reason in choosing.  Yet still I follow due to being directionally challenged. 

The drive home presents the same scenario described above.  I require voice direction from the map until reaching a particular highway leading to a familiar exit.  One evening the path leading home was one never traveled in previous visits.  I knew the road and that it would lead to my familiar highway.  The chosen path provides a nice view, two lanes, calm traffic and even speeds. 

I liked the path leading me home.  It brought for a calm drive versus the usual 4 lane highway involving everybody and their brother on a mission for home.  At one point I realized the map quit talking.  Lo and behold the battery died, leaving a directionally challenged individual to fend for self.  I plugged in my lifeline to guide me home; but, since dying completely, the device takes a bit to gain enough strength to proceed with tasks. 

Continuing on the path, I saw nothing familiar.  Some fear began to rise creating thoughts of being lost.  In reality, I knew the map would eventually land me home once reactivated.  I kept driving and finally a few familiar landmarks came into view.  I knew I had not seen any signs pointing to that particular highway as of yet; therefore, held some peace knowing it was to come. 

All the sudden an ole familiar, beautiful voice spoke loud and clear.  The voice directed me to the exact mile marker leading home.  Safe on that particular highway, peace, joy and love for my map arose. 

Hang with me here because the symbolism in this event is mind blowing. . .
I just came from a very special person who helped open my eyes to deeply rooted concerns suffocating the joy of each day.  I meet with this person often and together we have pulled numerous emotional roots from my path in life.  With much success, we continue with each visit to release pain, sorrow, guilt and shame that keeps me bound in chains. 

This specific visit revealed one large, deep, strong root.  The root blocked any progress on the path leading to peace.  It would not budge at first.  My thoughts could not imagine the path without it.  I just continued daily on the path, living with an ugly root standing in the way.  Little did I know, a beautiful path full of peace, new adventures and even ground lay on the other side.  The path ahead of this root has been paved by One Who knows the Way leading to my purpose here. 

After leaving, root disengaged, I had that AHA moment!  I no longer required this root in my life.  At one time, I relied on the root for survival, protection and comfort as I hung tightly to it.  I see the new path ahead.  Though never traveled, unfamiliar and a bit scary; I rely on the One leading me each step of the way.  I have spent too long without direction.  God knows I cannot find my way alone.  I hear His voice loud and clear; that ole familiar voice that once was drowned by the chaotic world and suffocated by various roots.  I hear His voice calling me to take another path.  No more old, familiar habits.

Are you in need of new direction?  Tired of taking the same steps daily in hopes for new pathways to open?  What voice directs each turn, decision and step in your life?  Listen closely my friend to the One Who knows the path to an Eternal destination.  Plug in your Lifeline to guide you Home.  He will provide strength, comfort, confidence and purpose!


Live life. . .One Day at a Time
Sheree Craig   


No comments:

Post a Comment