Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Power of Light

For Mother's Day I always receive flowers.  I, whose thumb is BLACK, struggles with the idea of keeping this beautiful flower, well, beautiful.  I recall all the flowers of the past years and see dried, drooping, dead and destroyed bulbs.  I see these beautiful gifts as an added task on my already long to do list.  I must water, feed and care for them correctly to keep them alive.  Really? 

Maybe this year will be different. . .

About four or five days after receiving one, I think it could probably use some water (yeah, 3 days ago).  I already began on a bad note.  The one received from my son came home in a perfectly decorated white lunch size bag in a cup of soil with an attached poem. . .
Your love is like a flower:
It grows and grows and grows.
That is why I love you--
From your head down to your toes.
Okay, so the pressure is on.  The poem compares my love to this flower in the bag.  I must keep it alive and help it grow to live up to the comparison to my love.  I pull it out from the bag (five days later) and the yellow bulb hangs over, the soil is screaming for water and I am not sure this one will survive.  Maybe we can compare my love to the beautiful flowers in his Nana's yard.  She does a fabulous job at caring for her flowers.   

I will try to keep this one alive and not lose hope.  I pulled it out, got some water on the soil and will plant it in our mulch bed.  We shall see if planting brings it back to life.  I must remember to continually keep watch on it, nourish it daily and enjoy the beauty it offers.  I can do this, right?

Ever feel like your spiritual life lacks proper nourishment?  Ever feel like no one cares enough to help or everyone walks by seeing a dead, drooping, destroyed soul without even stopping to help?  Sometimes our lives become so consumed with trials, hurts, sadness, anger or lies that we begin to suffocate.  We gasp for something, someone to keep us alive.  We feel so covered in darkness and feel giving up to be our only option. 

I urge you to reach for the light.  My little flower remained in darkness for days, without any hope of light.  Once I brought it out in the light, the darkness could no longer damage the growing process.  I fed it water and now it can begin to gain strength.  I will put it amongst other flowers and blooms so to share and contribute to the beauty around my home. 

Reach up for Him to bring light to any darkness you encounter.  He will provide His Word to nourish your soul.  He will take you in His hand to comfort, heal and guide you to the path laid for your life.  You are beautiful and God has a plan for your life.  He may plant you amongst others to contribute to His already growing, spiritually strong people.  Those people will help you and shine His light upon your situation.  Or, He may plant you in an area where your situation will bring others to you who need His light.  He asks you to be a vessel and use whatever mess you face as your ministry.

"You, Lord, are my lamp;
    the Lord turns my darkness into light." (2 Samuel 22:29)

"but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life." (John 4:14)

"Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them." (John 7:38)

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." (John 15:1-2)

God is the true gardener.  Let Him grow your spirit each and every day.  Darkness cannot overcome His light.  His living water never ends.  He prunes perfectly so you can be the one He intended at your Creation.  Seek His Word to nourish your spirit and remain alive in Him.  The best part; God never gives up or counts you too far gone to be restored.  He will bring life even the deepest, darkest situations.

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for being the Gardener of my life.  I need Your Word daily, living water, light and pruning.  Though trials come my way, I know You will keep my alive and protect me from darkness.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment