Monday, May 7, 2012

Am I Proof?

A song by Sidewalk Prophets, "Live Like That", speaks volumes to me.  I would like to share some of the words and the encouragement stemming from them.

Sometimes I think, What will people say of me
When I'm only just a memory
When I'm home where my soul belongs

These thoughts may cross our minds daily or at least from time to time.  We may think about the memories or the legacies we will leave.  Did we make a difference in even one life?  In whose life did we make a difference?  Who did we live for?

Was I love, When no one else would show up
Was I Jesus to the least of those
Was my worship more than just a song

Did we step up when everyone else turned their heads and ran?  Did we reach for strength from the only Source who can offer it?  Sometimes the biggest thing holding us back from stepping boldly is fear.  We fear what others would say if we thought differently, acted kindly to those deemed undeserving or just shined the light of Jesus everywhere traveled.  Rejection from others hurts; but, guess what, people of this world do not bring you Eternal life in Heaven.  We have One Judge and One which we serve.  Are we serving with our whole being?  Do our actions reflect our words?  Empty words leave us empty.  God wants our actions as well as our words.  Worship God through song, speech among others and actions shown to all.  Be His hands and feet with every turn made.  He is love; spread the love received to those we meet.

Am I proof, That You are who you say You are
That grace can really change a heart
Do I live like Your love is true

People pass, And even if they don't know my name
Is there evidence that I've been changed
When they see me, do they see You

Wow!  Could our every move, thought and word really be evidence of His grace?  YES!  Lead through example.  God consumed my life, taught me the way to live, healed my hurts, pulled me from the pit, broke the chains of bondage and set me upright; for what? - to show His great power to all I meet.  My messy, ugly past can be used as a ministry to those I meet and be proof of the joy waiting for those who accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  God stands with open arms to freely offer grace and change our life.  He will take the yuck, pain and sadness and give love, comfort and healing!  I want to be proof of this because He shifted my feet from a path of destruction to one leading to my Eternal Home. 

I want to live like that
I want to live like that

So that everything I say and do, Points to You!

I am filled with encouragement every time I hear those words.  I am reminded I am alive because He died for me.  He died for me and you!  Meditate on those very words. . .

He died so you and I may live an abundant life here on Earth and spread the Good News.  The very least we can do is serve our Father wholeheartedly.  Praise Him in all we do and say.  Prove the greatness of our Father to others by sharing His Word.  He offers the words needed with each step taken for Him.  Don't let fear hold you back because we can do all things through Him who give us strength.  If we live for Him and activate the Holy Spirit dwelling within, He will be our guide. 

Have you done so in your life; accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior?  He is waiting for you with open arms. 

I want to live like that.  Will you join me?

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for the encouragement received through wonderful Christian singers.  Help me to live as Your servant.  I am here to be a vessel.  Give me the seeds needed to plant in the hearts of those I encounter daily.  Though I may not see them grow, I know that I am serving You as I plant.  I know You will water in Your timing.  I pray for all who read this to think of You before taking each step, speaking each word and making each move.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment